Thursday 22 March 2012

30 and Below Bra Band Project!

Hi there readers! I've teamed up with the wonderful bloggers Boosaurus, By Baby's Rules, Braless in Brasil, and StackDD to help raise awareness for the existence of a large market for band sizes 30, 28, 26, or smaller. Braless in Brasil's recent study proves that likely more than HALF of all women (in all weight ranges) may need a 30-inch band or below. Yet 30 and 28 bands are still rare and difficult to find, and 26 bands hardly exist at all! To try to shake things up, we're going to compile a collage of photos proving that women wearing 30 bands and below are common and look just like many of the women we see in our everyday lives.

At the bottom of this post, you will find a submission form. You can submit straight from here! We will crop faces out of the photos that include them, so you do not need to worry about being recognized. You can also submit a photo that is already cropped or taken from the neck down. Feel free to wear clothing (preferably something that still shows your figure) or lingerie, just no nudity please. Note that the form asks for a "path address." This means you can send us a link if the photo you'd like to use is already hosted on a public forum, like your blog, a public flickr, tumblr, or a public Facebook album. If not, just include your email address and email us a photo! (We expect lots of people will take the email route.)

Here's the "official" blurb that we are all including on our blogs!

"Recently at the Curve Expos in both New York and Las Vegas, brands that cater to large-busted women suggested that 30 bands and under were either for juniors, or that there was no market for them.  However, that is simply not the case. There are many women out there who need 30 bands and under, and we are not all juniors.  While we come in all different shapes and sizes, we all have a small back size in common. 
To prove that we are not all juniors and that we exist as a market, we have decided to create the Bra Band Project where we are looking for photos of women who wear 30 bands or under. We will make a flickr album and eventually a collage with our photos to show that we are not just juniors, but women of all shapes and sizes that need small bands.

We'd love your help, so please submit your own photo and band size using the form below or email it to brabandproject@gmail.com.  Note we need both your bra size and your photo. We cannot include a submission without both of those. If you are a blogger who would like to help out with this project email us at brabandproject@gmail.com."


8 comments:

  1. I submitted mine today :) I entered my real size, 26DD/E, rather than the size I actually wear, 28D/DD, because I think we need to emphasize the need for back sizes smaller than 28.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I included the 28E I was wearing and the 26F I need. I don't understand why more bra companies don't go by your underbust measurement for your band size without adding inches, pulling it through your armpits, wrapping it in a bow, or whatever other trick they use to make women think they should all be in A, B, C, or D cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I'm not sure what styles of pictures yall want. I submitted a shot of my bust in a dress, along with my size and age. However, if you want some creative, interesting, or unusual shots, I think this image brings good interest and variation:
    http://macnugget.org/photos/lemonsmsr/DSC_3217
    You guys are welcome to use it, with or without the face(s).

    I'm getting into a Triumph TR7 in race trim. I wear a 28G and I'm 29 years old (27 in that picture). I'm wearing a race suit (fire resistant gear), and that specific race suit has been custom tailored to fit a woman's body. It wasn't tailored for me, I got it second-hand. Even so, it fits me well - maybe my size isn't that unusual. (that would be snark at the bra makers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I've recently moved from the UK to the US and I am amazed at how hard it is to find a bra that fits. Even when I do, they are European imports and cost a bloody fortune ($75-90)! I recently ordered from Bravissimo and was thrilled that international shipping is very reasonable. Even with the shipping and exchange, the bra Shock Absorber and Panache I ordered were still significantly cheaper than buying them in the US.
    While I do love the bras, I do think it is criminal that no North American company makes anything smaller than 32!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can well believe it, I'm 5'10, overweight and wear a UK size 18 or sometimes 16 top. My underbust measurement is 35.5" (suddenly gone down from 37" in recent weeks, I suspect because I got a better fitting bra and the breast tissue has already moved!) I can't believe that all the size 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 women (slim-average) are within 3.5" of me, including short women!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, forgot to say - when I read about this issue it occurs to me that one of the most famous women in Britain must have to get over this difficulty - Cheryl Cole. Many other female celebrities tend to be fairly short, very slim and busty; I wonder if you could get some support (ho ho) from a famous face?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wonder what the fake boobed people wear, they clearly have fake boobs but their waist is small, they still need support, fake or not, and we certainly do, more so because it's real boob tissue and it hurts if we don't have a correct bra size on. I've never owned my bra size, I'm barely realizing that they have a 28F, but I really need a 24G, so I'm really hoping this goes through and we get enough support! (hehe, get it? ;)
    Let's round em up ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You probably ensure it is seem not that hard with
    your speech, however 'm getting that make any difference for being basically the one thing i always come to feel I might in no way realize. It seems like very complex and intensely substantial for me personally. I’m taking a look frontward in your next weblog, I'll make an effort to get the dangle of it!
    Here is my weblog http://www.atlud1.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete